There is no food that sums up the college quite like the pizza roll. It’s quick, it’s easy, tasty and cheap. However, frozen rolls can get old. So what’s a poor hungry student to do? Fortunately for you, we’ve got delicious recipes to fill the void. Just pick your budget and get cooking.
6 slices of bread
6 slices of American cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
1. Flatten the pieces of bread.
2. Cut off the crusts.
3. Place a piece of cheese on each piece of bread and roll them up.
4. Heat the butter in a pan on medium heat.
5. Place the rolls in the pan, seam side down.
6. Roll occasionally until all sides are cooked.
7. Serve with a side of sauce and enjoy
I’ve got some cash
1 package of Pillsbury croissant rolls
1 package of pepperoni
4 sticks of mozzarella string cheese
1. Unroll the croissants.
2. On each triangle, place six pieces of pepperoni.
3. Put half a cheese stick at the base of each triangle.
4. Roll them up like croissants.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
6. Serve immediately with pizza sauce for dipping.
I’m rolling in dough
1 package phyllo dough
1 package pepperoni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup pesto
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lay out the phyllo dough.
3. Lay the pesto over the dough, spreading it evenly.
4. Place the pepperoni on top of the pesto.
5. Layer the cheese over the pepperoni.
6. Roll up the dough to make a single loaf.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Slice into small pieces.
9. Serve hot with pizza sauce.