The University of Hawai‘i Rainbow Warrior football team (4-2, 1-1 Mountain West Conference) returns to Aloha Stadium today to face the Air Force Falcons (4-2, 2-1 MWC) in another conference matchup. Kick-off is set for 5 p.m.
Both teams will duel for the Kuter Trophy, which was named after the Late General Laurence S. Kuter, who was the first head of the Pacific Air Forces Command in 1957. The trophy was conceived by UH, sponsored by the Pacific Air Command, and designed by the Air Force Academy.
It was given to the winner of the annual game from 1980-97 when both teams were members of the Western Athletic Conference.
Air Force left the WAC for the MWC in 1998 and the rivalry was later renewed in 2001. After years without playing one another, the rivalry was once again renewed when UH joined the MWC in 2012.
UH currently holds possession of the trophy after a double-overtime road win in 2016.
The Falcons currently lead the all-time series against the 'Bows (13-7-1), including a 7-5-1 record in games played at Aloha Stadium.
Today's game features a match-up of the nation's top passing and rushing offenses. The 'Bows are No. 4 in passing (351.5) while the Falcons are No. 2 in rushing (296.5).
It has been four weeks since the 'Bows last played at Aloha Stadium (with the last being a homecoming win over Central Arkansas on Sept. 21). UH now begins a stretch of five home games over the next seven weeks. The 'Bows are currently 3-0 at Aloha Stadium this season, while Air Force is 1-2 on the road.
Free Shuttle Rides for UH Mānoa Students
The university is offering free bus transportation to students with a valid UH ID.
Buses depart at 2:30 p.m. from Lower Campus on Kalele Road near the football and soccer practice fields. Buses return to campus after each bus is filled up after the game. Drop-off is near Frear Hall by the intersection of Dole Street and East-West Road.
Students must show a valid UH Mānoa student ID card to board the bus from campus to Aloha Stadium, and back. A valid student ID card is also needed to enter Aloha Stadium and to sit in the student section. Enter the stadium through Gate 1.
Special ticket offers for your GUESTS:
Student Guest Ticket Discount for Football:
(North Endzone Only)
AirForce - $22.00 (regular $27)
Army - $27 (regular $37)
Fresno State, San Jose State, San Diego State - $22 (regular $27)
UH students with a valid ID can purchase up to two (2) guest tickets at a discounted rate. Purchase is in person only (Stan Sheriff Center window for all sports;
Aloha Stadium window for football only)
Discount with LYFT
$5 discount to/from Aloha Stadium on game days
Add "GoBows" promo code to Lyft app (all 8 home games)
For details, see the website at
The Student Conduct Code applies to all bus riders and students attending the football game. The bus company and its drivers reserve the right to refuse service.
For information, visit
Parking & Turnstile Information
- Public parking for Upper and Lower Halawa Parking Lots will have access through Parking Gates 3 (Halawa) & 4 (Lower Salt Lake), opening at 12:00 p.m.
- All other lots (UH Reserved, Parking Gate 1/Main Salt Lake, Parking Gate 2/North Kamehameha) will open at 1:00 p.m.
- Parking rates are $8 per car, $31 per bus/limousine. Cash only
- Stadium turnstile Gates 1-8 will open to the public starting at 3:30 p.m.
Entrance through Parking Gate 1 (Main Salt Lake) – ADA, Bus Lot and Sections 1-7 only (PASSES ONLY); Use Kamehameha Highway or Salt Lake Blvd. AVOID Kahuapanni St.
Entrance through Parking Gate 2 (North Kamehameha) – Parking Sections 8-14 only (PASSES ONLY); Use Kamehameha Highway. AVOID Kahuapaani St.
PUBLIC PARKING Entrance through Parking Gate 3 (Halawa) – Upper and Lower Halawa parking lots only (PUBLIC PARKING); Use Kahuapaani St. only.
PUBLIC PARKING Entrance through Parking Gate 4 (Lower Salt Lake) – Upper and Lower Halawa parking lots only (PUBLIC PARKING); Use Kahuapaani St. only.
Entrance through Business Access Gate – Upper Halawa Reserved (PASSES ONLY); Use Salt Lake Blvd. or Kahuapaani St.
ADA Parking: Please use the Main Salt Lake Stadium Entrance. Limited stalls available at parking sections 2AB, 3AB, 6A, 9A, and 13A, Upper Halawa Lot.
Electric Vehicle Parking: Limited free parking available on a first come first serve basis.
***Note that the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) will be assisting with traffic flow on surface streets around the stadium. Additionally, HPD may do intermittent exit closures at the Aiea cut-off and the Halawa/Stadium exits on H-1 Eastbound if the freeway begins to back-up. If you encounter a closed exit, please proceed to the next available exit, and if necessary, do a U-turn and make your way back to the stadium.
- Traffic updates will be available on ESPN 1420 AM, Facebook at AlohaStadiumHawaii and on Twitter @AlohaStadiumHI
- There will be no public parking available on the inner circle, except for the limited amount of ADA stalls. The ADA stalls will be open to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis. Parking attendants will be asking for ADA placards and ADA issued identification cards. Guests who are unable to produce the placard and the ID card to match a person inside the vehicle will not be allowed to park in the ADA areas.
Alternate Parking Lots
Alternate parking is available at the following locations. Please note opening and closing times:
- Aiea Elementary School (2:00 p.m. – 45 min. after game): Parking starts at $30 per car. No tailgating or consumption of alcoholic beverages allowed on campus.
- Stadium Marketplace (11:00 a.m. – 1 hour after game): Parking is $8. No shuttle service. No tailgating allowed.
- Leeward Community College (2:30 p.m. – 1 hour after game): Parking is FREE. Cost is $2 per person (roundtrip) for shuttle service (1:00 p.m. – 1 hour after the game). No tailgating allowed.
- Radford High School (1:30 p.m. – 1 hour after game): Parking is $5. No shuttle service. Tailgating is allowed.
Note: Security is present at all alternate parking sites.
Ride Share & Drop Off
DROP OFF LOCATION
A convenient drop-off zone is available all ride share, taxi, and private vehicles.. Vehicles enter through Kalaloa Gate (at junction on Kalaloa St & Salt Lake Blvd) and exit stadium parking lot onto Salt Lake Blvd through the exit gate. Do not drop off or pick up on Salt Lake Blvd. No entrance fee is required at drop off zone.
PICK UP LOCATION
Patrons are encouraged to use the pedestrian cross walk and have drivers pick up before Kalaloa Street. Drivers use Salt Lake Blvd south bound lanes across the stadium. Do not use north bound traffic lanes to pick up. Cars will be exiting out of Main Salt Lake Blvd Gate 1.
In an effort to enhance public safety and facilitate a faster entry through the turnstile gates, Aloha Stadium has modified its security policy by limiting the number and size of bags allowed in the stadium. Each person shall be allowed:
- One bag that does not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" in size.
In addition, each person will be allowed to hand-carry a blanket, poncho or jacket and a seat cushion. Strollers are allowed, however they must be collapsible and fit underneath the seat and stored safely without obstructing the aisle-ways for other guests.
Follow @kaleosports on Twitter and @kaleoohawaii on Instagram to stay updated during the game.