Cole McDonald: 20-36, 241 yards, 1 interception
Jason-Matthew Sharsh: 7 receptions, 74 yards
Jared Smart: 4 receptions, 72 yards
JoJo Ward: 3 receptions, 69 yards
Miles Reed: 12 carries, 87 yards, 1 touchdown
Jaylon Henderson: 20-29, 212 yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception
Khalil Shakir: 7 receptions, 89 yards, 1 touchdown
John Hightower: 3 receptions, 64 yards, 1 touchdown
George Holani: 16 carries, 67 yards
Jaylon Henderson: 14 carries, 51 yards, 1 touchdown
END Q4: Hawai'i 10 - Boise State 31
Turnover on Downs. Cole McDonald sacked on 4th & 5. This one's all but over.
Turnover! Kai Kaneshiro picks off Jaylon Henderson on 3rd & 7. Hawai'i takes over at the 37-yard line.
Boise State goes for it on 4th & short. Jaylon Henderson sneaks across the goal line for a first down.
Hawai'i 10 - Boise State 31
Touchdown 'Bows! Miles Reed puts the team on his back with a 21-yard rumble to the endzone. Reed has 59-yards on this drive alone!
END Q3: Hawai'i 3 - Boise State 31
Hawai'i 3 - Boise State 31
Touchdown Boise State. Jaylon Henderson reaches across the goal line as he was spun around in the air. 31 unanswered points now for the Broncos.
Turnover. McDonald fumbles the ball after a big hit as the pocket collapsed.
Hawai'i 3 - Boise State 24
Touchdown Boise State. Broncos find the endzone on a 4-yard carry to make it 24 unanswered points.
Easy defensive pass interference call extends the drive for Boise State.
Boise State RB George Holani finds a hole for an 11-yard gain to move the chains.
Another Hawai'i false start stalls the drive as the 'Bows punt it back to the Broncos.
Fourth Down! The 'Bows defense forces a quick three and out. Boise State to punt.
McDonald and Lincoln Victor not on the same page as Hawai'i turns it over on downs.
The drive stalls on the 5-yard line after three straight incompletions.
First Down 'Bows! McDonald's 13-yard completion to Smart extends the drive.
Cedric Byrd II heads to the sideline after taking a big hit on a 3-yard reception.
First Down Hawai'i! McDonald connects with Jared Smart for 46-yards on 3rd & 18.
First Down 'Bows! McDonald finds Sharsh for an 11-yard completion to move the chains.
END Q2: Hawai'i 3 - Boise State 17
McDonald takes a knee. Hawai'i will get the ball to start the second half.
14 straight points for the Broncos in the final two minutes of the half makes it a two possession game.
Touchdown Boise State. 'Bows whiff on the open air tackle as John Hightower takes it in for a 36-yard touchdown grab.
Hawai'i 3 - Boise State 10
Touchdown Boise State. Jaylon Henderson finds Khalil Shakir for a 36-yard touchdown.
Boise State driving after the Hawai'i interception. Broncos cross over to the 'Bows half of the field on a 17-yard completion.
Interception Boise State. McDonald's pass intended for Sharsh was picked off by Boise State in the endzone for a touchback.
Fourth Down! Hawai'i forces a Broncos punt! JoJo Ward returns it 11 yards before losing his helmet. 'Bows to start on their own 30-yard line.
Boise State digs themselves out of the endzone with three straight carries for 26-yards. Broncos out to the 36-yard line.
Turnover on Downs. McDonald is stuffed on the goal line. Boise State will start on their own 1-yard line.
Hawai'i going for it after a Boise State offsides penalty on Meskell's field goal conversion. 4th & 1 on the goal line for the 'Bows.
First Down 'Bows! McDonald gets it done with his feet on a 4-yard keeper!
Timeout Boise State.
Hawai'i crosses into the redzone for the first time today on a 7-yard throw from McDonald to Ward. 'Bows will go for it on 4th & 1.
First Down 'Bows! McDonald finds JoJo Ward for a 45-yard bomb!
END Q1: Hawai'i 3 - Boise State 3 Defense keeping Boise State at bay as the score is tied 3-3 at the end of the first quarter. Hawai'i on the move to begin the second. McDonald an efficient 6-7 for 49 yards in the opening period. Sharsh with 27 of those yards.
Hawai'i 3 - Boise State 3
Field Goal Boise State. The 'Bows hold Boise State to a field goal after Jonah Laula sack in the redzone. The game is tied.
Hawai'i 3 - Boise State 0
Field Goal is Good! Ryan Meskell converts from 47-yard out as the 'Bows strike first!
First incompletion of the day for McDonald brings up a UH 3rd & long. Miles Reed loses a yard on the ensuing rush.
First Down 'Bows! McDonald connects with Byrd for a 2-yard completion on 4th & 1!
McDonald finds Byrd for an 11-yard pass, but he is tackled short of the first down marker. Hawai'i will go for it on 4th & 1.
A holding penalty wipes out a 'Bows first down. 3rd and 12 upcoming.
Cole McDonald gets the starting nod at quarterback for Hawai'i
Fourth Down! Boise State's pass falls incomplete! The Rainbow Warriors force a three and out on the first possession of the game!
Boise State has won the coin toss and elected to receive. Hawai'i will kick off.
- UH is making its first-ever Mountain West Championship appearance while Boise State is appearing in its fourth MW title game and third straight.
- The Broncos hosted the championship in each of their three previous appearances—all against Fresno State—with two titles (2014 and '17). BSU lost to the Bulldogs in overtime in last year's championship.
- UH is the first team other than Fresno State and San Diego State to represent the West Division in the championship game. The West has won the title four of six years.
- Hawai'i is seeking its fifth conference championship in program history. UH captured Western Athletic Conference titles in 1992, '99, 2007, and '10.
- A win by UH would give the Rainbow Warriors 10 wins for just the seventh time in program history and first since 2010 (10-4).
- UH's four-game win streak is the longest since 2010. BSU enters this week's game having won its last five games.
- UH will be playing its 14th game of the season, tying the program record for most games in a season. Hawai'i played 14 games seven previous times (2002, '03, '06, '08, '10, '16, and '18).
- BSU leads the all-time series 13-3 and have won the last seven meetings dating back to 2008 which includes a 59-37 victory Oct. 12 at Albertsons Stadium.
- In that meeting, UH turned the ball over three times in the first half, which BSU parlayed into 21 points and a 31-14 halftime lead. Quarterback Cole McDonald accounted for 305 yards of total offense and four touchdowns.
- BSU has won all seven meetings between the teams in Boise with an average margin of victory of 33.1 points per game.
- UH is 1-18 all-time against nationally ranked teams on the road, which includes an 0-5 mark versus ranked Boise State teams.
- UH has lost its last 12 games to Associated Press nationally ranked teams including losses to Washington and BSU this season. Hawai'i's last win over an A.P. nationally ranked foe was against No. 19 Nevada in 2010 at Aloha Stadium. UH defeated San Diego State two weeks ago when the Aztecs were ranked No. 25 in the Amway Coaches Poll.
- UH is on the verge of featuring three 1,000-yard receivers in the same season, which would mark just the second time in program history and first since 2007. Currently Cedric Byrd II is the only receiver to crack the 1K mark with 1,049 yards. Jared Smart needs 85 yards and JoJo Ward is 94 yards from reaching that mark.
(Source: Hawaii Athletics)
What to know before the game
What: Mountain West Conference Championship Game
Who: Hawai'i (9-4, 5-3 MWC) vs. Boise State (11-1, 8-0 MWC)
When: Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019
Time: 11:00 a.m. HST
Where: Boise, Idaho
Stadium: Albertsons Stadium
Radio: ESPN Honolulu (92.7FM/1420AM)
Live Stats: BroncoSports.com