Chevan Cordeiro 23 of 31 for 309 yards and 3 TDs
11 Att. for 56 yards, 1 fumble and 2 TDs
Jojo Ward 7 Rec. for 170 yards and 2 TDs
Jared Smart 3 Rec. for 41 yards and 1 TD
Miles Reed 17 Att. for 125 yards and 1 TD
Cortez Davis 7 tackles
Kai Kaneshiro 6 tackles
Josh Love 30 of 45 for 375 yards and 2 TDs
Tre Walker 10 Rec. for 138 yards
Isaiah Hamilton 7 Rec. for 105 yards and 1 TD
Bailey Gaither 4 Rec. for 74 yards and 1 TD
Jay Lenard 10 tackles
Nehemi Shelton 7 tackles
Dejon Packer 20 Att. for 115 yards and 2 TDs
Final Haw 42 SJSU 40
The Warriors go into victory formation to drain the rest of the clock
Cordeiro scrambles for the first down as the Spartan use their final timeout
SJSU begins using their timeouts
SJSU attempts an onside but it is recovered by Hawaii
HAW 42 SJSU 40 with 1:51 remaining
TOUCHDOWN: Spartan's Love hits Isaiah Hamilton for a 19-yard score
A holding penalty on the Spartans drops them back to UH's 45
The Spartans convert on 4th down on a 26-yard pass to Dejon Packer to take them to UH's 35
The Warriors defense forces a quick three and out
SJSU starts their drive at the 25
HAW 42 SJSU 33 with 4:23 left in the game
TOUCHDOWN: Cordeiro again takes it in himself for the score
Miles Reed takes the hand-off from SJSU's 16 to their 2-yard line on a 14-yard pick up
Cordeiro scrambles out of bounds after picking up 8-yards for the first down.
Holly III picks up 14-yards on ground and takes the Warriors to SJSU's 29
That last run puts Reed over the century mark for the game serving as the first time in his career that he's gone over 100 yards rushing in a game
Reed goes right up the gut again for 28-yards to UH's 45
A false start puts them back to their own 10
Hawaii starts the drive at their own 15-yard line
HAW 35 SJSU 33 with 9:53 remaining
TOUCHDOWN: The Spartan's Josh Love hits Bailey Gaither for a 40-yard score
A 41-yard pass takes SJSU up to midfield
The Spartans start their next drive at their own 9-yard line
Haw 35 SJSU 26 with 12:13 remaining in the game
TOUCHDOWN: Cordeiro with another touchdown pass this time to Jared Smart from 5-yards out
End of 3rd Quarter Haw 28 SJSU 26
Cordeiro finishes the quarter off with two passes, one to Ward for 11-yards and another to Smart for 17 to get within the Spartan's 20.
Reed goes right up the gut for a career high 31 yards to SJSU's 44
Hawaii will start their next drive at the 25 after the fair catch
Haw 28 SJSU 26 with 1:21 remaining in the 3rd Quarter
Hawaii's defense holds strong as the Spartans came away with only a field goal
A pass to SJSU's Tre Walker for 17-yards takes them to UH's 13
Two passes for 11-yards and 4-yards give the Spartans another 1st down
After two first downs the Warrior defense was able to force a 4-yard loss
San José State will begin their first drive of the second half at the 25
Haw 28 SJSU 23 with 9:30 remaining in the 3rd Quarter
TOUCHDOWN: Cordeiro takes the ball in himself for the score
Hawaii gets to the 3-yard line on a pass to Ward for 16 yards
Cordeiro with a 13-yard scramble to SJSU's 26
Cordeiro completes a pass on third down for 19 yards to Jared Smart to pick up the first down
A false start drops the Warriors back 5-yards
Reed picks up 16 yards to Hawaii's 38
Hawaii starts the second half with the ball at their own 13-yard line
1st Half Stats
Chevan Cordeiro 13-17 for 209 yards and 2 TDs
Jojo Ward 5 Rec for 143 yards and 2 TDs
Miles Reed 7 Att for 26 yards and 1 TD
San José State Spartans:
Josh Love 15-24 for 164 yards
Tre Walker 6 Rec for 91 yards
Dejon Packer 12 Att for 76 yards and 2 TDs
End of the 2nd Quarter Haw 21 SJSU 23
SJSU 23 HAW 21 with 44 seconds remaining in the half
The Spartans were able to drive from their own 25 to Hawaii's 25 but is held to only a field goal
TOUCHDOWN: Miles Reed runs it in from the 4-yard line to give the Warriors the lead again 21-20 with 2:37 remaining
After a 4-yard run by Fred Holly III, Cordeiro hits Bryd twice for 9-yards and another for 6-yards to get within the 10 to SJSU's 4-yard line
Cordeiro completes another long pass of 46-yards to Ward to take the ball to SJSU's 23
Touchdown: Dejon Packer takes it in for another score on a 20-yard run to give the Spartans the lead 20-14 with 6:26 remaining.
After starting at their own 25 San José State takes it to the opposite side to UH's 25 on a trio of passes for 13, 15, and 22 yards
Haw 14 SJSU 13
TOUCHDOWN: Hawaii wasted no time when they got the back, as Cordeiro ends up hitting Jojo Ward for a 71-yard touchdown with 9:08 remaining
SJSU 13 Haw 7 with 9:59 remaining in the first half
Despite the good field position the Warriors were able to hold the Spartans to only a field goal
After two incomplete passes, Hawaii's Kaimana Padello sacks the Spartan's QB for a loss of 5 yards to bring up 4th down.
Cordeiro is stripped of the ball on the first play of the drive as the Spartans recover it at UH's 21
San José State leads 10-7 with 11:15 remaining in the first half
TOUCHDOWN : San José State's Dejon Packer takes the ball in on a 6-yard run for the Spartan touchdown
An illegal snap penalty dropped the Spartans back to the 28 but a pair of passes, one for 5-yards and another for 11-yards gets them to UH's 12.
A 9-yard run followed by a 13-yard pass sets the Spartan's up at UH's 23 with a first down
Holding on Hawaii's defense negates a Warrior interception and takes the ball up to UH's 40 for the Spartans. A 5-yard false start penalty of their own pushes them back to the 45
End of the 1st Quarter - HAW 7 SJSU 3
San José State finishes the 1st quarter off with a 10-yard run for a first down to the 44.
The Spartans start their second drive at the 34
Hawaii leads 7-3 with 21 seconds left in the 1st quarter.
TOUCHDOWN: Hawaii goes for it on 4th down and scores on a 4-yard pass to Jojo Ward.
Hawaii gets to the Spartan's 4-yard line on a 10-yard pass to Sharsh followed by an 8-yard run by Miles Reed.
A pass interference on the defense puts the ball at the Spartan's 25 for the Warriors
False start drives Hawaii back 5-yards
Cordeiro picks up two more first downs with a 6-yard pass to Sharsh to the 36 followed by a 12-yard pass to Cedric Bryd II to the 48.
Chevan Cordeiro starts the first the dirve off for the Warriors with an 8-yard and a 4-yard pass to Jason-Matthew Sharsh, but a penalty for an ineligible receiver takes them back 5-yards
Hawaii starts at the 25 after the touchback
The Spartans would settle for a field goal to put the first points on the board with 9:06 remaining in the 1st quarter SJSU 3 Hawaii 0
The Warriors stuff the Spartan's running back for a 3-yard loss to bring up 4th down.
San José picks up another first down with a 9-yard pass to Hawaii's 17
A trio of 12-yard passes sets the Spartans up at Hawaii's 28
The Spartans will start at the 25.
Hawaii has chosen to defend the south endzone.
San José State won the coin toss and has elected to receive.
- The teams will play for the inaugural Dick Tomey Legacy Trophy, which was created in honor of the legendary head coach of both programs who passed away in May 2019.
- Tomey coached UH for 10 seasons from 1977-86, compiling a 63-46-3 record, and spent one season as special teams coordinator in 2011. He is a member of the school's Sports Circle of Honor. Tomey coached SJSU for five seasons which included a 9-win campaign in 2006.
- The trophy is one of four rivalry trophies that UH competes for. The Warriors currently own two of those trophies, Paniolo Trophy (vs. Wyoming) and Island Showdown Trophy (vs. UNLV) after losing possession of the Kuter Trophy to Air Force last month.
- UH leads the all-time series 21-19-1 which includes a current three-game win streak. As Mountain West members, UH has won four of the six meetings. The teams have played every year since 1996 with the exception of 2012.
- SJSU holds a slight 13-12 advantage in games played in Honolulu, including recent success winning three of four from 2008-15. The Warriors snapped a two-game home skid with a 37-26 win in 2017.
- The road team has won five of the last six match-ups and eight of the last 11 meetings in the series
- Last season, the teams played a five-overtime thriller with UH prevailing 44-41 with Ryan Meskell's 35-yard field goal proving to be the game-winner. SJSU kicker Bryce Crawford missed his third overtime attempt which would have forced a sixth OT.
- SJSU head coach Brent Brennan was a graduate assistant at UH in 1998 under head coach Fred vonAppen. Brennan's cousin is former UH record-setting quarter- back Colt Brennan.
- SJSU is 2-2 on the road this season with wins over Arkansas and Army. UH has lost its last two home games after starting the year with three straight wins at Aloha Stadium.
- UH's Cole McDonald needs 204 passing yards for 3,000 this season to become just the third quarterback in program history with two 3,000-yard passing seasons. The only other UH quarterbacks with two or more 3K seasons are Timmy Chang and Colt Brennan. McDonald also needs 307 yards passing to reach 7,000 in his career.
- UH has surpassed 200-yards rushing in each of the past two games, averaging 232.0 per game.
(Source: Hawaii Athletics)
What to know before the game
Who: Hawai'i (5-4) vs. San Jose State (4-5)
When: Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019
Time: 6:00 p.m. HST
Where: Honolulu, Hawai'i
Stadium: Aloha Stadium
Television: Spectrum Sports PPV
Stream: Facebook Live (Mainland only)
Radio: ESPN Honolulu (FM 92.7/AM 1420)