The Rainbow Wahine tennis team fell to No. 17 Michigan in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, 4-0 on Friday morning at the Taube Family Tennis Center in Stanford, California.
Michigan captured the doubles point, followed by back-to-back singles wins on courts two, four and five. On court one, Michigan's Kate Fahey and Brienne Minor took down UH's Nikola Dolakova and Klara Pribylova, 6-0. On court two, Alyvia Jones and Mira Ruder-Hook edged Petra Melounova and Roxanne Resma, 6-4. On court three, UH's Alzbeta Houbova and Marina Hruba had a 6-5 lead against Kara Hall and Chiara Lommer.
The Wolverines swept the singles matches, 4-0 to notch the win over UH. Michigan's Minor started the singles match with a 6-2 win over Dolakova. After that, Jones took down Pribylova to win 6-4, 6-0. The win was sealed after Michigan's Ruder-Hook blanked Michelle Pits in the first set, 6-0, then in the second set 6-3.
The loss caps off seniors Marina Hruba and Klara Pribylova's careers as Rainbow Wahine. UH ends the season with a 13-7 record. But for Melounova, the season is not done for her yet; she will compete in her second-straight NCAA Women's Tennis Singles championships on May 17 at Wake Forest.
No. 17 Michigan 4, Hawai'i 0
NCAA First Round
Stanford, Calif. (Taube Family Tennis Center)
1) Fahey/Minor (MICH) d. Dolakova/Pribylova (HAW) 6-0
2) Jones/Ruder-Hook (MICH) d. Melounova/Resma (HAW) 6-4
3) Alzbeta Houbova/Hruba (HAW) led Hall/Lommer (MICH) 6-5, unfinished
Order of Finish: 1, 2
1) No. 29 Kate Fahey (MICH) vs. No. 73 Petra Melounova (HAW) 6-1, 4-6, unfinished
2) Brienne Minor (MICH) d. Nikola Dolakova (HAW) 6-2, 6-2
3) No. 97 Chiara Lommer (MICH) led Marina Hruba (HAW) 6-2, 4-1
4) Alyvia Jones (MICH) d. Klara Pribylova (HAW) 6-4, 6-0
5) Mira Ruder-Hook (MICH) d. Michelle Pits (HAW) 6-0, 6-3
6) Bella Lorenzini (MICH) led Roxanne Resma (HAW) 6-4, 4-2, unfinished
Order of Finish: 2, 4, 5