Freshman Andre Ilagan was the lone Rainbow Warrior to win a singles match in the team's 1-6 loss against Louisville on Friday afternoon at the University of Hawai'i Tennis Complex.
Ilagan beat Louisville's Christopher Morin-Kougoucheff in straight sets, 6-4, 6-4 on the No. 2 court. This was Illagan's first dual match of his collegiate career.
UH's No. 1 and 124th-ranked freshman Blaz Seric took 104th-ranked Brandon Lancaster to three sets. Lancaster won the first frame before Seric tied the match at 1-1. Lancaster eventually beat Seric in the third set, 6-4, 4-6 and 6-4.
In doubles, Louisville swept the 'Bows, though the No. 1 and No. 2 court matches were close, with the Cardinals winning by just one set.
Both teams and Hawai'i Pacific will finish the Hawai'i Intercollegiate Invitational tomorrow. First serve is set for 9 a.m. at the UH Tennis Complex.
Louisville 6, Hawaii 1
Jan 11, 2019 at Honolulu, HI (UH Tennis Complex)
1. #104 Brandon Lancaster (LOU-MT) def. #124 Blaz Seric (UH) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
2. Andre Ilagan (UH) def. C. Morin-Kougoucheff (LOU-MT) 6-4, 6-4
3. Fabien Salle (LOU-MT) def. Lucas Labrunie (UH) 6-4, 6-2
4. Federico Gomez (LOU-MT) def. Chia-Hua lu (UH) 6-3, 6-0
5. Sergio Ramirez (LOU-MT) def. Asad Siyyid (UH) 6-3, 6-3
6. David Mizrahi (LOU-MT) def. Tristan Martin (UH) 7-6 (7-3), 7-5
1. Brandon Lancaster/George Hedley (LOU-MT) def. Blaz Seric/Asad Siyyid (UH) 6-4
2. C. Morin-Kougoucheff/Fabien Salle (LOU-MT) def. Andre Ilagan/Lucas Labrunie (UH) 6-4
3. Federico Gomez/Alex Wesbrooks (LOU-MT) def. Tristan Martin/Chia-Hua lu (UH) 6-3
Louisville Men's Tennis 1-0
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (4,5,2,3,6,1)