The Student Media Board, a Chartered Student Organization, is recruiting for leadership positions within Ka Leo, UH Productions, Hawai`i Review and KTUH for the 2021-22 academic year:
Ka Leo - Editor in Chief: Responsible for the online and print publication of Ka Leo and oversees editorial units of the program. Kaleo.org is 24/7.
Hawai`i Review - Editor in Chief: Responsible for the journal's content and operations. Hawai'i Review is published twice a year in print and maintains a consistent online presence.
UH Productions - General Manager: Responsible for the daily operations of the student-run video production organization at UH Mānoa. UH Productions produces commercial, broadcast, highlight reels, and other campus productions.
KTUH - General Manager: Responsible for the daily operations and programming of the student-run radio station that operates 24/7 from the UH Mānoa campus.
Applicants must be available for a set number of hours per week (see job descriptions), and must be able to demonstrate leadership with program-related content and function.
Positions are open to undergraduate students with a minimum of six (6) credit hours, or graduate students with a minimum of four (4) credit hours; students with at least two semesters left of coursework are preferred. Monthly stipends are available.
Applicants must submit:
1. Completed application form
2. Cover letter addressing why you applied and why you should be considered
3. A current résumé (including three professional/academic references—name, phone, email)
4. An essay, no more than five (5) pages (detailing your program goals, a plan of action and a critique of the program you have applied to lead. Please also include all previous management experience you have)
5. Letters of recommendation (optional)
Submit completed application packet to: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a hard copy addressed to Sandy Matsui in Hemenway 107.
Any questions may also be directed to: email@example.com
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY Monday, March 15, 2021.